Evaluation criteria for OA publishers
This is The Bibsam consortium’s evaluation criteria for agreements with Open Access publishers.
- In May 2018, the Bibsam consortium steering committee set the following evaluation criteria for agreements with Open Access publishers:
- The publisher shall follow good publishing practice and should be a member of for example Open Access Scholarly Publishers Association (OASPA) and Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE)
- The publisher’s journals should be registered in Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ), preferably with DOAJ seal of approval, or other types of authority lists with quality control
- Articles should be published with a CC BY license
- The workflow should simplify the administration for researchers and administrators (library staff)
- The agreement should include a discount on publishing fees
- The publisher should accept that the agreement text is made public
- The publisher should deliver monthly and yearly reports on costs per organisation and the consortium in total
- The publisher should deliver usage statistics according to the COUNTER standard.
- The publisher should deliver publishing statistics according to ESAC recommendations
- The publisher should deliver metadata to CrossRef