Evaluation criteria for OA publishers
This is The Bibsam consortium’s evaluation criteria for agreements with Open Access publishers.
In May 2018, the Bibsam consortium steering committee set the following evaluation criteria for agreements with Open Access publishers:
- The publisher shall follow good publishing practice and should be a member of for example Open Access Scholarly Publishers Association (OASPA) and Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE)
- The publisher’s journals should be registered in Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ), preferably with DOAJ seal of approval, or other types of authority lists with quality control
- Articles should be published with a CC BY license
- The workflow should simplify the administration for researchers and administrators (library staff)
- The agreement should include a discount on publishing fees
- The publisher should accept that the agreement text is made public
- The publisher should deliver monthly and yearly reports on costs per organisation and the consortium in total
- The publisher should deliver usage statistics according to the COUNTER standard.
- The publisher should deliver publishing statistics according to ESAC recommendations
- The publisher should deliver metadata to CrossRef