The National Library of Sweden lends works from its collections to other libraries and to museums, galleries and other collecting institutions for the purpose of exhibition.
The institution wishing to borrow an exhibit must fulfill our general terms and conditions as well as all safety and handling requirements. A loan fee is charged.
Before proceeding with your loan application, you need to take note of the National Library's general terms for an exhibition loan:
When does the National Library need to receive the application?
The completed application must be received by the library no later than 12 months before the exhibition is due to open.
Please contact the National Library’s Loan Registrar at email@example.com with any questions before sending in your application!
What should the application contain?
- Exhibition title
- Exhibition time period
- The name of borrowing institution and the exhibition space
- The motivation for the loan and a description of the context in which the borrowed item is to be shown
- List of items desired for exhibition loan with the correct library signum, inventory number or other identification number
- Enter which pages / side numbers you wish to exhibit
- Contact information for your exhibition loan administrator
- Completed and signed documentation including the Facilities Report
Send the application
The written application is to be sent as a letter, addressed to:
Kungliga biblioteket, National Library of Sweden
Att: Loan registrar for exhibition loans
102 41 Stockholm
Also send a digital copy of the application to firstname.lastname@example.org